Galette me have a slice of that! 🥧Broccoli Curry Galette 🥮[Recipe below]
Newbie baker wanting to impress the crowd? This crispy savory tart makes a great showstopper, and is much simpler to make than it looks!
Yield: 12" Galette | Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 35 min
¼ tsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Red Onion, Chopped (20g)
¾ tsp Garlic, Minced
¼ cup Tomato, Diced (50g)
1 tsp Curry Powder
¼ tsp Turmeric, Ground
⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper, Ground
⅛ tsp Cumin, Ground
⅛ tsp Cinnamon, Ground
⅛ tsp Salt
⅛ tsp Black Pepper, Ground
1 cup Broccoli, Chopped (90g)
6 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour (75g)
¾ tsp Baking Powder
½ cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (about 97g)
2 Tbsp Egg Wash or Almond Milk
- Preheat oven (if using) to 375°F.
Prepare the filling:
- Steam the Broccoli and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, and fry the onions for about 5 minutes, add the garlic and sautè for another minute.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and spices, and about ¼ cup water. Let cook for about 3-4 minutes until the spices are fragrant. Season with salt, pepper.
- Add the broccoli and chicken, bring to a low simmer and cook for around 3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
Make the dough:
- Mix the flour and baking powder, and add the yogurt a little at a time.
- Mix it with a spoon first, and then knead it uniformly. Don't let it get too sticky.
Put it together!
- Roll out the dough into a large circle of about ⅛ inch thick and transfer to base of Air Fryer or lined sheet pan, if using an oven.
- Spread the filling on the center of the dough circle, leaving 2 inches from the outside, and fold the edge of the dough over the filling, creasing all the way around.
- Brush the crust with egg wash or almond milk.
- Air-Fry at 350°F for 15 minutes (or bake in the oven for 20 minutes).
#galette #tart #baking #memorialdayweekend #brunch #breakfast #healthyeating #healthychoices #food #foodie #instafood #yummy #foodstagram #foodiegram #foodlover #tasty #breakfastideas #foodlover #delicious #yummy #foodpic #foodpics #foodblog #foodblogger #lovefood #feedfeed #f52grams #eeeeeats #yumyum #recipe #healthyrecipes