THE PUB QUIZ 'NO PHONE RULE' AND THE EXCUSES PEOPLE MAKE:
1. "I wasn't cheating, just texting my boyfriend/girlfriend/mate/mum"
I don't care if you're 'just texting' the Dalai Lama.
The no phone rule applies as long as your player sheet is with you, so kindly wait until the marking break (when I take your sheet) before you get on your phone again.
2. "You can't prove I was cheating!" I can't prove that you wasn't either.
Regardless, as announced at the start of the quiz, no phone use allowed during play period.
3. "I have to go on it, my (family member) is in hospital!" Then why are you here playing a pub quiz and drinking? Go to the hospital if you're that concerned about them!
4. "I was just 'checking' something, that's all!
In other words, looking for an answer with a phone. OUT.
5. "The other Pub Quiz we go to doesn't care if people go on their phones!" Then I don't think much of that quiz or it's host. By all means go back to that venue, coz it ain't EVER happening here!
6. "You're just taking all the fun out of it, the quiz should be a laugh!" So your idea of fun is brazenly cheating with a device and potentially swindling people out of the money they've paid in good faith to play fairly? I'm delighted to disappoint you.
7. "We always win anyway!" I wonder why? Well, tonight may surprise you.
8. "But what chance do we have, the boffin team always win!" Getting a worthy team together is your responsibility, not mine. Try mixing different backgrounds and ages, the best teams are a mixed bag with individual strengths!
9. "I'm checking the cricket/footie/horses results." Then wait until marking break time. If you can't handle that, then don't play.
10. "He's/She's not playing." But they ARE sitting with you, and it upsets the other teams as it LOOKS like you are up to something!
Get with the programme folks...it's not all about you. Respect the rules, the other teams and your host or go back to the pool table.
The Pub Quiz is a No Phone Zone, end of!
#Quiz #QuizNight #PubQuiz #QuizHost #QuizMaster #Trivia #Rules #NoPhones #PhonesOff #FairPlay #Pubs #Games #London #Essex #UK #Events #Entertainment #WeeklyQuiz