To the man who...
• Showed up to every single ultrasound appointment (10+!) knowing every time I was terrified they wouldn’t find a heartbeat
• Is terrified of needles, but tried to yank out his own IV’s when he found out I was in triage for a pregnancy complication
• Comes to all of the appointments that give me the most anxiety, and is not afraid to verbalize what I’m feeling to our care team
• Got discharged from his own hospital bed and walked right into labour & delivery to meet our daughter, despite having minimal sleep and barely being able to breathe
• Stuck by my side throughout the entire last year I’ve struggled with postpartum depression and anxiety, and encouraged me to tell him how bad I was feeling (and thinking)
• Sang to my belly from the moment he knew both Nina and Rhys could hear him, and then sang to Nina when she was born terrified and screaming
• Always ensures our babies are safe - and that Nina laughs as often as possible
• Spends most of his days making both mine & the babies days easier, in whatever way he can
Thank you. For being you. For always stepping up & handling responsibility, chaos, and stress as if there’s nothing to it. For loving us, and encouraging our babies to grow both mentally & physically. For trying to teach them everything you know, and for learning the things you don’t yet, so that they can learn too.
Thank you, most of all, for giving me the greatest gifts of my life.
Happy Fathers Day, my love.
We love you lots. ♥️