What is the real cause of chronic burnout ? .
Is it stress? , Doing so much work? .
Through out the past 7 days of not working per say
People checked in and when I said “ I am well , I am just healing from a bout of chronic burnout” , they will say “ You have been working hard” 🙂
But, as I look at burnout really overtime, I find that “working hard” isn’t what causes burnout .
Instead, every time which is 4 times in 11 months that I have been burnt out , it was because of the 3 OVERs
Overwhelming, Overthinking and Overanalyzing .
In doing any of these 3 things, I have managed to put my prefrontal cortex to work doing what it shouldn’t be doing .
Overwhelming is me pushing it to work even when it wants to rest and bitting off more than I can chew simply because .
Overthinking is what we do when we start worrying unnecessarily, obsessing over our mistakes or thinking about something we need to do over and over .
Overanalyzing is what happens when we try to understand why people acted a certain way 🙄
When we go over people’s actions or even our own so much or drag on for too long to make a decision .
These 3 OVERs, every time .
So, you know what I have decided to do .
1. “ I will not worry about things I cannot control, no matter how satisfying it feels” .
2. “ I will not dwell on mistakes I make them, I feel bad, pick the lesson and keep going” .
3. “ Why people do what they do isn’t my business, my business is to make sure I never let their actions hold my thoughts hostage or determine my reaction .
4. “There will always be a lot of work to do. The only way to approach it effectively is to manage procrastination, prioritize and focus on one thing at a time, overthinking it will not make the work disappear “ .
5. “It f it is not serving me, I am not wasting an hour worrying about it” .
These will not be easy to practice, yesterday alone, I had to address myself 3 times when my thoughts started doing as it likes .
But, I am determined to keep showing up and adapting these mindsets .
Do you also struggle with burnout? .
What are some ways you deal with it? .